Monday 11 March 2013

Comparing my second page to my inspiration.

Whilst researching the conventions of second pages of local newspapers, I liked the Braintree and Witham layout therefore I used some of their layout whilst putting my own ideas in to make it unique. I used the same layout on the left hand side telling the reader how to contact Gosfield gazette and what was in the paper, I did this as I felt is was professional. I also put the date, page number and website address at the top of the page just like my inspiration, however unlike the Braintree and Witham Times I also advertised my smartphone app at the top of the page. The Braintree and Witham times second page has two main stories and one short story on the side, I wanted to change this so I decided to have three main stories on the whole page rather than down the side of the page, I felt this was more eye catching and more aesthetically pleasing. Similar stories are also used as the stories written are the ones locals wish to read about. I added a recycling symbol and `promise' in the bottom left hand corner as the majority of second pages within local newspapers do this. My colour scheme is also contrasting, I think my colour scheme is better though as its more eye catching, fresh and stylish.


Therefore I feel that aspects of my second page such as the style and layout mirror that of my inspiration yet I believe it has great contrasts that make it more modern and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment